[aprssig] New n-N success in North Carolina

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Feb 13 12:37:38 EST 2005

>>> henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl 2/13/05 11:54:13 AM >>>
>How long will it take before this ego finds out that
>can just as well set  the path to WA0EGO>APRS,WIDE7-6?

There are thousands of ways that abusive operators can
JAM and generally use their RF to mess up everyone
around them.  But the problem in APRS is not

"intentional abuse"

THe problem is lack of users understanding of what is
good and what is bad for everyone.  Therfore the whole
objective is not to find ways to solve every problem, but
to solvethe  MAIN problem which is too much wrong
and confusing guidance and lack of  simple user guidance.

By getting rid of RELAY, WIDE, TRACE, TRACEn-N
and SS paths and going to a single recommendation:

"USE WIDEn-N with N being appropriate for your area
(2 or 3 in most areas) "

Then we have a "rule to live by" that eveyone can get
on the same page and HAMradio can do what it does
best, help each other communicate well...

Bob, Wb4APR