[aprssig] RASCAL with AX.25 on Linux

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Sat Feb 12 18:39:52 EST 2005

I received my RASCAL box today and was looking forward to making my current
listen-only I-Gate a full I-Gate (with transmit and receive).

I finally found where I setup the serial port for AX.25 to use and set that to
/dev/ttyS0.

I connected the audio out on the radio to the RASCAL, then connected the
appropriate cable (green end) to the audio in on the computer...packets start
to flow in just like before. So far, so good.

When I connect the audio out from the computer and the serial cable for PTT,
things get strange. When a packet is heard, the radio immediately begins to
transmit - not like it's trying to digi the packet, but before the packet has
even been received.

I suspect that my problem may lay in how I have the soundmodem configured. Can
anyone tell me what appropriate values would be for the following:

TXDelay - 150
SlotTime - 100
P-Persistence - 40
TxTail - 10

The values that I have listed are what I currently have set.

Anyone seen this this type of problem before?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU
Internet: mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net