[aprssig] Abusive path lists

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Feb 10 23:39:23 EST 2005

At 10:25 AM 2/9/2005, Chuck Kimball wrote:
>I think we've started to fill in the couple of 'open' spaces where there
>were digi's but no Igates, along I-70.
>
>I haven't seen anywhere in the Colorado / Utah / Arizona area where 3-3
>won't get them to a Igate.
>(other than a small area of colorado that has non WideN-n digis and needs
>wide,wide - we're working on that)
>5-5 is way over doing it, and doesn't work in the problem area anyway.
>
>Until November 2004 there was a hole in western colorado/eastern utah
>where it often took 5-5 to get to an Igate, but with the addition of a
>Grand Junction Igate, that has been resolved.

         That must have happened pretty recently, right?  A quick look at

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/track.cgi?line=1&call=kd5xb-9&geo=usa.geo&start=2160&length=2160

         shows some interesting data -- tracks are missing that should be
showing.  One trip in particular was from just south of Albuquerque to Salt
Lake City, then across to the eastern edge of Nebraska, and then back down
to Clovis, New Mexico (about 200 miles east of Albuquerque).  On that trip,
I went across the southwest corner of Colorado with no coverage until I was
near Salt Lake City.  Trying to remember when, I guess it must have been
early January 2005.

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info