[aprssig] Abusive path lists

Robbie - WA9INF mwrobertson at comcast.net
Wed Feb 9 12:14:12 EST 2005

Bob,

What I would ask, along this line, is where are the I-Gates. If there
are I-Gates all along the major highways and are reachable in 2, 3, or 4
hops, then true, truckers would not need 5-5. Or any traveler for that
matter.

In My cross country traveling, I would say, once out of the metro areas,
you can drive for 100's of miles and there is no I-Gates. There area
really desolate areas yet.

I would suggest that we try to fill these areas and give the traveler a
better reason not to use the extra long paths when they know better
right now. When they do contact their families and find that they lost
them a few days ago, the traveler has a tendency to boost the power and
increase their hops. It is human nature, right?

Just a thought, not to provide a solution before asking them to
intentionally remove them from the IS isn't right... IMHO

Robbie