[aprssig] SSn-N for counties?

Kim A Kunze n9sdl at arrl.net
Tue Feb 8 17:34:25 EST 2005

A question recently came up on a local APRS group from a digi owner
asking about the use of county codes for our state vs. just using WIn-N
for Wisconsin.  I had not seen any discussion regarding using anything
but the two character state letters for SSn-N.  It was further stated
that UIDIGI programming has that feature of using county codes?  Anyone
aware of this?  Comments for or against?  My feeling is that this is an
inconsistency in what was being suggested locally.

Kim A Kunze - N9SDL