[aprssig] Dayton APRS/Packet Get together

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Tue Feb 8 13:48:48 EST 2005

On 2/8/05 at 9:42 AM Scott Miller <scott at opentrac.org> sent:

>Does anyone know when and where the next DCC will be?  The site still says
>Sept. 2004 in Des Moines.

First, I think N7HPR updated the DCC pages a while back:

http://www.tapr.org/dcc/

Perhaps you were using an old URL, there are a lot of them floating around.

>And speaking of Des Moines, why isn't there
>anything on any of the past DCCs besides 1996?  No pictures, no proceedings,
>no nothing.

There's a lot of info on older DCC's, though not clearly organized, but Google
is your friend. For example this link gives a lot of stuff in the left menu
through 2001

http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/Fdcc97audio.html

As to later DCCs, TAPR is a volunteer organization and is dependent on what
people write. Dues support only the most basic needs of TAPR like postage, phone
lines, and so on. The real work is unpaid, so unless someone volunteers to do
something, it doesn't get done. So get involved!

Steve K4HG