[aprssig] Aloha

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 8 12:49:39 EST 2005

Robbie,
I'm curious, how many stations are there in your
Indianna 132 mile aloha circle? and how many
digis?  thanks

Bob

>>> mwrobertson at comcast.net 2/8/05 11:32:03 AM >>>
As an experiment, I am running UI-View32 add-on of UI-Aloha. I beleive

the formula was giving to the author by Bob Bruninga.

Although I use a filtered server port for the internet feed for NWS and

a couple of specific callsigns, I am also using a range filter for my
friend's location in the Los Angeles area of 200 KM.

My station count for the last 2 hours or more has only been around 200

stations or less. My local RF feed for the NE corner of Illinois,
including all the digipeated stations from Michigan, Wisconsin and
Indiana.

My Aloha circle is still at 213 KM or 132 miles... So, it is really
interesting to me, monitoring two busy areas like this, that it seems
like a very good Aloha Circle...

Robbie