[aprssig] Re: FindU Maps Quirky

John Ronan aprssig at ei7ig.org
Mon Feb 7 17:44:04 EST 2005

On 7 Feb 2005, at 22:24, James Jefferson Jarvis wrote:

> Jason and SIG,
>
> (I cc'ed the message to the SIG to potentially save some typing on
> future
> messages)
>
> On Monday 07 February 2005 16:09, you wrote:
>>> Machine needs to run Linux and have software RAID setup.
>> Linux, or just unix?
>
> If I'm maintaining it then it has to run Debian Linux. If you are
> maintaining
> it and don't need me to ever touch it then run it on whatever you can
> get
> PHP4 + Mapscript + my software to run on.

I would like to have a go a this.

Unfortunately the machine I'm thinking of is a SuSE 9.1 machine not
debian (my own preference) with Dual Xeon Processors with 2GB of ram
and about 50GB of storage space in a hardware Raid Configuration (a
Compaq DL380). The machine isn't actually doing much at all
(ireland.aprs2.net) at the moment, and isn't likely to be for the
forseeable future.

Regards
de John
EI7IG

--
John Ronan <jronan at tssg dot org>, +353-51-302938
Telecommunications Software &  Systems Group,  http://www.tssg.org