[aprssig] PCSAT Digi onto normal APRS channels

ANDREW MCDADE amcdade at iprimus.com.au
Mon Feb 7 17:07:34 EST 2005

If your using your D700 its easy. Set the A band to 145.825 with an offset
of -650. Set B band to 145.175. (Set Menu - Radio - TNC - DCD sense to A and
B bands). This will stop the D700 from transmitting blind on 145.175. Set
uidigi to SGATE. They're the main settings. You can setup your own details
so as to beacon your own existance on 145.175 as per normal. Usually setup
your station symbol to a dish to identify you are acting as a satgate. With
this confiig you wont be able to send your own beacons from the d700 through
to the sat frequency, only the local freq. 145.175. You also will have to be
close enough to an igate , not requiring any hops. Or rely on the ISS/PCSAT
user, using a path like SGATE,WIDE  or SGATE,WIDE2-2 or something similar. I
have my d700's setup this way and stored in a PM. This way it is very easy
to switch the radio over to satgate use when its not being used for other
purposes.

73 .. Andrew .. VK5EX