[aprssig] Re: d700 miniDIN

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Mon Feb 7 15:16:07 EST 2005

Instead of building a Y cable to split out the rj45 mic connector, I thought it
might be easier to just plug the tiny track into the mini6 connector... it
could sense the MIC's PTT status by using the PTT line on the mini6... but I
guess not.... now I'm back to original plan to build a Y cable for rj45's...
bummer.

Now that you mention mini6 ptt muting the mic, you have me thinking that the
"right" way to do this is to use the tiny track hooked to the mini6 and tap the
PTT IN that tiny track needs from the MIC PTT line.  That way tiny trak can keep
track of the MIC's PTT status and when it aserts the PTT, it'll mute the mic -
cutting down on wind noise and such in the car and making the packet clearer.

I guess everyone's seen those plastic phone splitters.... they plug into a wall
socket and have molded in the rear of them two side by side rj11 recepticals...
wonder if they make those in rj45?
Wes