[aprssig] New WIDEn-N Paradigm (MAJOR MOD)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Feb 6 12:14:23 EST 2005

Yes, because I too realize that some digis will never change
is why I realized that the Interstate concept is a dead-end
Its useless without a coordinate length of digis.  Also
when the first Paradigm came out, we didnt realize we
could trap Large N's in existing TNC's.

Once we realize that ANY TNC out there now can help
TRAP large values of N, then WIDEn-N trapped down
in each area to what the network can handle is the smartest
approach.    It will work.  AND we can keep the SSn-N
system too as a way to work special needs.  Bob

>>> "Rich Mazzeo" <forummail at richmazz.com> 2/6/05 11:44:42 AM >>>

    I agree.  I was the first person in the area to get some of the
digis
running under the original new paradigm, but turning WIDEn-n back on
is
going to put things right back where we started.  I'm sure in LA this
works
fine, but in PA/NJ about only about 20% of the digi owners I've
contacted
even respond to emails and APRS messages, let alone change anything.
There
needs to be a plan similar to the original new paradigm (Jan 11th) that
at
least tries to make up for both the users AND the digi owners lack of
education about the system.  At this point I'm fairly certain that all
of
the digis in NJ will be running RELAY,WIDE,TRACE,WIDEn-n,TRACEn-n until
the
transmitter dies or the end of the world, whichever comes first.  That
means
if theres a WIDE6-2 that came in from somewhere, it's going to bounce
around
at least twice in NJ. (or worse, digipeat once, hop over the wall of
new
paradigm digis, and digipeat again in PA.)

--
Rich
N3XKU