[aprssig] New WIDEn-N Paradigm (MAJOR MOD)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Feb 5 13:19:02 EST 2005

After a lot of debate over the last 2 months we have again
modified the plan for the New n-N Paradigm to an even better
and simpler design.  See the web page:

http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/fix14439.html

WIDEn-N    works everywhere,  but large N's are traped
                   depending on the area.
WIDE2-2     is guaranteed to work everywhere
SSn-N         is also supported for area use
##LNKn-N  interstate idea is abandoned

Secondary effects:

TRACE and TRACEn-N are not supported
WIDEn-N replaces it and is Traceable everywhere
RELAY,WIDE and WIDE,WIDE are no longer desired
WIDE may eventually be dropped if this all works.

All digis will include a list of what they support
in a consistent manner in the Position Text that
will show up well on mobiles.

This plan even works in the highest density system
in the USA in the Los Angeles Basin and a test of it
was initiated there last week.

I have not completely re-editied all of my old WEB
pages to reflect all thse changes, so if you find
conflicts, then point me to them so I can fix them.  But
in general, the above plan is what is currently on the
table.

Thanks
Bob, Wb4APR