[aprssig] Re: GOOGLE hits

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Feb 3 14:05:32 EST 2005

Richard N1JDU wrote on Thursday, February 03, 2005 10:06 AM PST

> Well if you type that phrase _without_quotes_ ... yes, that's how many hits
> .. BUT .. if you enclose that phrase with quotes then you only get 861 hits.
> The first search picks up any instance of APRS, of PACKET, and of RADIO not
> necessarily in the same sentence.  The second only the exact phrase APRS
> PACKET RADIO.
>
> IF you search for just APRS you will get over a million hits!  (1,110,000)

Good point. Yes, different search phrases will yield different results. I searched for "APRS PACKET RADIO" without the quotes.  At least on Google, that would search for "APRS" and "Packet" and "RADIO". Adding the quotes makes it a search for an exact phrase. Guess I should have mentioned that I searched without the quotes, but going by the figures, I don't think Bob's search included them.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH