[aprssig] 9600 baud capable radios

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Feb 3 10:44:22 EST 2005

>>> sv2agw at raag.org 2/3/05 1:04:45 AM >>>
>I am using 9600b here for more than 10years.
>I made some tests using D-700 /V-7 sending 500 pings
>of 1000bytes The results were excellent I received
>almost 500 responses.  In my opinion are the best off
>the self radios you can buy for 9600b.

Actually, when we think about it, since the D700 was
designed from the ground-up to include its own internal
9600 baud TNC it would only make sense that they
also properly designed the VCO, PLL and modulators
and demodulators to work perfectly at that data rate...

So it makes sense that it should work very well with
an external TNC too...   thanks...   good info..

Bob