[aprssig] WinLink Stations on 144.39

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Thu Feb 3 01:30:15 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "A.J. Farmer (AJ3U)" <ajfarmer at spenet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 10:49 PM
Subject: RE: [aprssig] WinLink Stations on 144.39

> Jim,
>
> I'm not talking about APRS objects.  I'm talking about the TelPac nodes as
> listed in the Winlink TelPac database.  I counted 15 of them that are
> listed
> as OPERATING on 144.39.  Please check this link from my original post and
> you will see what I'm talking about:
>
> http://www.winlink.org/status/TelpacEx.aspx
>
> A.J.

A quick review may indicate that they is in specific geographic locations
where this "might" be an acceptable practice due to low UI traffic.  It
really could be a practical application in some cases.  I know it's been
tested to work AOK in low traffic conditions.  If the TNC's are working
right and the channel is not booked solid, they could co-exsist.
I would not do that here, but in a pinch with limited equipment, etc., I do
see the possibilities in other areas.
Some TNC's can easily handle both digi and uidigi without much of a problem.

73  Jim, WA6OFT