[aprssig] STK Updating

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Tue Feb 1 00:42:12 EST 2005

I'm going to have to get back to you on that... I set up the scenario last
year, and I think I've got it saved.  I may have been using a trial license
for the CHAINS module, come to think of it.  I'm thinking there might be
another way to do it, though.  I'll look up the old scenario when I get to
work.

To take this off-topic in a completely different direction... I've got a
power question for the list.  I just picked up an all-in-one portable power
station thing, with a SLA battery, 400 watt inverter, charger, air
compressor, fluorescent work light, and jumper cables.  The internal battery
isn't all that large, though, and I want to hook up an external deep cycle
battery.

Does anyone know of a good reason I shouldn't be able to hook the external
battery up via the jumper cables to run the inverter?  I'm assuming it'll
just connect the two batteries in parallel.  For what it's worth, I've had
it set up like that and running for about an hour with nothing exploding or
getting warm, so I think it's working.

The jumper cable connection looks like a 120 amp Anderson Multipole.  If
this works out, I'll have to rig up a nicer cable system.

Scott
N1VG