[aprssig] APRS for Skywarn ?

Mullen ad4bl at mosquitonet.com
Wed Dec 28 18:56:22 EST 2005

We have an Igate here and my system is configured for all the NWS
bulletins and alerts which show up on my map.  Weather varies wildly
here, it can be 20-40 degrees different between my location and the
airport in town.  If it is 10 above at my place and -30 in town that is
an important piece of information.  There are times when the NWS radar
is indicating one thing and something else is happening on the ground.
They will call me by radio [we have a number of them licensed] to see
what is really going on.  We have a good working relationship with the
NWS here.
--
Linda <><

AD4BL  SEC ALASKA