[aprssig] APRS for Skywarn ?

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Wed Dec 28 17:39:22 EST 2005

> There are a group of local guys that are very involved in Skywarn and are
>  just beginning to use APRS (primarily UI-View32). They would like to
> learn from others who have used APRS in conjunction with their Skywarn
> activities.
>
> Does anyone have a "how-to" on integrating APRS into Skywarn operations?
>  Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Not trying to plug my company but you can use APRS within the GRLevel3
radar software to plot real-time spotter positions (if they are using APRS
while mobile) or you can view local weather observations from APRS
reporting weather stations.

I'm redoing the website so some of the screenshots are missing at the moment.

http://nexrad.allisonhouse.com/data_services/misc/

-Tyler