[aprssig] RE: How do I block UI-Traffic objects on a Kenwood D700

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 24 16:17:33 EST 2005

Another option is for someone to take a d700 service manual, reproduce the
included pcboard layout for the tnc card, and then redesign it so it uses a
real chip with real brains.  I don't have the skills/knowledge and haven't
won the lotto yet so I can't start the project.

Now if someone made a big screen automotive GPS that combined mapping with a
true serial port rather than just tapping off the NEMA strings and if it did
APRS over that serial port and sold it for the cost of the GPS unit
...that's another option that'll never see the light of day since all the
manufacturers are converting to USB I/O.

Oh well..time to see if I can find a way to RF isolate my Toshiba Libretto
so it doesn't wipe out my GPS reception when I use it..then I'd have a real
computer running real APRS....

Dave
KD7MYC