[aprssig] who hears my station

Sct599 at aol.com Sct599 at aol.com
Fri Dec 23 23:30:55 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/23/2005 9:06:32 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
wa7ixk at earthlink.net writes:

Sct599 at aol.com wrote:
> You could try using HF. There is an APRS  network on 10.151mhz, LSB, 300
> baud. There are HF to VHF gates and  I-gates too.
>
> Scott
____________________________
I  have never heard anything on that freq.
I do not try very often.
Have you tried it or just repeating hearsay?
I wanted to used it in the  wilds of Idaho for my annual trip.
I wanted to add a TXO-9 and ping every  hour with 5 watts with a 9 ft whip.
Don.t think it will work.
I only  want one or two internet connections per day.
I am conened about frequency  tolerance from 40 degrees F to 110 degrees
F. in the  boonies.

aprssig  mailing  list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org

It is not hearsay. I almost always copy stations when I tune in. Keep in
mind you are dealing with HF propagation and tuning in the signals takes a bit
more skill.