[aprssig] who hears my station

Dale Blanchard wa7ixk at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 23 23:05:51 EST 2005

Sct599 at aol.com wrote:
> You could try using HF. There is an APRS network on 10.151mhz, LSB, 300
> baud. There are HF to VHF gates and I-gates too.
>
> Scott
I have never heard anything on that freq.
I do not try very often.
  Have you tried it or just repeating hearsay?
I wanted to used it in the wilds of Idaho for my annual trip.
I wanted to add a TXO-9 and ping every hour with 5 watts with a 9 ft whip.
Don.t think it will work.
I only want one or two internet connections per day.
I am conened about frequency tolerance from 40 degrees F to 110 degrees
F. in the boonies.