[aprssig] via air 144.99

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 21:25:11 EST 2005

Hi Joe,

I found this on the web:

To set up a WIDE area APRS digi, simply connect a TNC to a radio, and put
it as high as you can get it.  Set the following minimum commands:

cmd:   MY W3XYZ-x                 (the digipeater call and SSID)
       MYA WIDE                   (this makes it digipeat WIDE packets)
       MYN RELAY (or)             (This works on KPC-3s as a second alias
       MYG RELAY                   (on PK-12)
       UNPROTO APRS VIA WIDE,WIDE,DIGI3...     (so the whole net sees it)
       B E 60                     (Sets Beacon to once every 10 minutes)
                                  (or B E 10 for Kantronics)

I copied it from here:

http://www.winaprs.org/DOSAPRS/DIGIS.TXT

I hope that helps.

Let us know when you plan to make a flight.  I'd like to try it from
down here in Southern Maryland.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com