[aprssig] Re: Looking to borrow some Garmin units

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Fri Dec 16 20:12:21 EST 2005

> Scott, I've got a venerable old Garmin 12XL (the first
> edition, no maps) that I
> really don't want to mail out anywhere. But, if you want me
> to spend an hour
> interrogating it...I'll be glad to do that for you. Email

Actually, for ANYONE interested in helping out with this, what would help a
lot is to get the DNRGarmin utility from the Minnesota DNR at
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mis/gis/tools/arcview/extensions/DNRGarmin/DNRGar
min.html.  It's a nice utility and lets you manage waypoints and grab screen
shots, and it also has a 'Garmin Info' option under the GPS menu that'll
give you a capabilities screen that's got a lot of what I need.  A screen
shot of that posted into an email (off-list, of course) would be much
appreciated.

Scott
N1VG