[aprssig] Knoppix 4.0.2 Now Available from Ye Old Diske Shoppe

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Tue Dec 13 11:29:48 EST 2005

  I have been so busy with the FT817 Power Conditioner kits that I
had not been paying attention to recent Linux LIve CD happenings.
Knoppix released version 4 in September. The buzz I have gotten has
been that it is compatible with more systems than ever.

  I have available  version 4.0.2 EN (that is, it boots direct to
English with no extra boot commands). This is the plain vanilla
Knoppix. The ham radio Knoppix distributions, "AFU-KNOPPIX" (Hubert
Fink's creation based upon Knoppix 3.7) and Harv's HamShack Hack 0.6b
(AI9NL's creation based upon Knoppix 3.8) are still unchanged.

All these distributions are freely available on the net and represent
500-700 MB downloads. If you are broadband challenged/deprived. I
offer these disks for 3.50 each post paid.

I have added another compilation called "The Knoppix Collection" it
is a DVD-R with all three of the Knoppix distributions; Knoppix
4.0.2, AFU-Knoppix 3.7, and Harv's Ham Shack Hack 0.6b. All three
distributions are on the disk as ISO files ready to be burned to make
individual Live Boot CDs. The charge is 5.50 postage paid

          <http://www.wulfden.org/DiskShop.shtml>

cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <n1bq at wulfden.org>