[aprssig] Citizens Weather stations - gating to RF

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 13 10:52:44 EST 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Stan Coleman - N0YXV wrote:
>
> > Linux is weird in that AX.25 is in all Kernels but turned off by default.
> > That means to get it to work you have to recompile the Kernel (not an easy
> > task).

Sorry about that last post.  Must have hit a key sequence that took
out my edits before I sent the message out.

Here's what I meant to say:

SuSE Linux, and I think Debian Linux have AX.25 in the kernel by
default.  I haven't had to recompile an SuSE kernel in order to get
AX.25 interfaces working.  At least that's true up through SuSE 9.1.
Haven't tried the later versions yet.