[aprssig] Citizens Weather stations - gating to RF

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Mon Dec 12 18:11:15 EST 2005

Dennis Hudson wrote:
> Then linux it is. I've run javAPRSSrvr on RH9, FC1 and FC3, MacOSX.
> Serial port drivers were written specifically so you didn't have to
> recompile kernels to have ax.25 interfaces.
>
> My current machine is an irlp/echolink/postfix/javAPRSsrvr on a
> PII233MMX w/256 ram 6.3g drive.

  Interesting... I'm still running RH7.2 (don't think that ax.25 is in the
kernel) on this particular box... I wonder if javA will run on this box,
Pent Pro 200. The main reason that I don't want to switch is that this
version of aprsd (aprsd 2.1.5b8) is that I only reboot when I make a
change... once went 287 days before rebooting... oh well....

...DOUG
KD4MOJ