[aprssig] IP Based Modems (TNCs)

Christensen, Eric CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Sat Dec 10 15:29:49 EST 2005

I was able to translate via Google.  Looks pretty neat.  425EUR per unit if they are still in production.

________________________________

From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org on behalf of Andre PE1RDW
Sent: Sat 10-Dec-05 11:55
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: Re: [aprssig] IP Based Modems (TNCs)

Christensen, Eric schreef:

> Has anyone thought about building a modem (TNC) that can be controlled
> via IP?  I'm thinking of a modem with a RJ-45 in the back vice the
> RS-232 and assign it a static IP and just send data to it.  I could
> imagine some really interesting scenarios with that combination.
>
> Eric KF4OTN

Sounds like a tnc4e http://www.hbtron.de/afu/tnc4edesc.html
unfortunatly that side is in german so you might need bable fish to make
sence of it.
In short it is a tnc with 3 interchangeble modems (300 baud - 1.5 mbaud)
a serial and ethernet connector and updateable firmware.
It accepts ax25 over tcp/ip or can act as ip over ax25 bridge/router.

73 de Andre PE1RDW