[aprssig] IP Based Modems (TNCs)

Christensen, Eric CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Sat Dec 10 15:25:24 EST 2005

That is great!  I wonder how you setup the routing...

Eric

________________________________

From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org on behalf of Bill Diaz
Sent: Sat 10-Dec-05 11:36
To: 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [aprssig] IP Based Modems (TNCs)

Eric,
  Replying off list,

 Take a look at http://www.digi.com
They have some RS232 to IP converters.  Kinda neat, in that you can use a Hardware Serial port on your computer to talk to the remote RS232 port over the Internet.  You could use UiView on the computer and have it work with a TNC across town, or on the other side of the world.

Some of these units can operate in both directions.  That is, it can automatically connect to a station, or will accept a connection from a station.

Been looking at these for remotely controlling satellite ground stations, including D700, rotators etc.  Looks promising.

Bill