[aprssig] New APRS

Joe Della Barba joe at dellabarba.com
Sat Dec 10 12:03:54 EST 2005

Fred,
I think setting up a wireless TCP/IP link would be fun. You could run
some kind of IRLP/EchoLink connection over it. I just wouldn't try to
make an igate that way if you didn't have to.You are introducing several
points of failure into the system and it isn't gaining you anything. It
is kind of fun to have the igate where you can see it and watch the
traffic. There are a lot of adjustments to make with an igate that can
take some time to get set right. You will be experimenting with filters
on your Internet connection to avoid just dumping the whole worldwide
feed into your igate and setting filters on the output side for what
gates to RF. Another thought - if you have extra radios set up a
sat-gate. I don't know exactly how to do that, but I am sure there are
plenty here who do. It is basically an igate on the frequency used by
the PCSATs.
73
Joe