[aprssig] New APRS

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Dec 10 03:41:14 EST 2005

Stephen WA8LMF wrote on Dec 9 2005

> The URL cited above for Bob's website
> "web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/fix14439.html." is the obsolete
> domain that is causing so much trouble with domain name servers.
> The correct one is:
> http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/fix14439.html
> Note that the proper domain is an .EDU not a .MIL

Drat! I was going to mention the other URL and I found the original message
where Bob had mentioned the other site and I must have looked at it and
got mixed up about which was the new one and which one was the old site,
so deleted a sentence I had started to type about the URL. Besides, the
DNS isn't 100% up to snuff on the .EDU site either.
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=usna.edu (space).
Thanks for the URL correction though. It's too bad Bob couldn't put some
goodies in the head of the old page for the robots to find so they would
eventually de-list it in the search engines:
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX">

> Further, you put a period at the end of the sentence citing the URL with
> no space between the URL and the period, thus breaking the link in
> some email programs.   (Or causing problems for people that copy and
> paste the URL into a browser without noticing the period at the end.)

The period is put there as a test. <G>

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH