[aprssig] New APRS

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:28:22 EST 2005

On 12/9/05, Fred Atkinson, WB4AEJ <fred at wb4aej.com> wrote:
>     I am working on a project to create an APRS node here in the Sylva, NC
> area.  Hoping to get information that will help our project along.

Hi Fred,

You have made the first good step by joining this list!  It is the
best resource for up to date APRS information.

To get you started, here is a link to current APRS activity around
Sylva, NC.  This might help you get into contact with some local HAMs
that are active on APRS:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/near.cgi?zip=28779&last=240&distance=50&n=50&rate=1

This link contains a lot of information about the current state of the
art for APRS:

http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/fix14439.html

Hopefully this will get you started.  Feel free to ask questions as
you have them.  There are a lot of helpful people on this list.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com