[aprssig] Voice Repeater Posits...

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Dec 7 23:23:20 EST 2005

This is why we need a beacon in many digis with
an object for the local preferrred traveler repeaters
sent DIRECT (to minimize network load, but to
inform travelers.  Remember, APRS is supposed to
be your resource showing you everything live
around you...

> I also wish that there was a method of overlaying the
> VHF/UHF repeater coverage prediction charts over the
> GPS moving map display... for the whole route TX-VA!
> Otherwise I'm going to be going loopy fingering through
> the ARRL repeater directory!

Also, local ECHOlink, IRLP and Winlink nodes should
also appear on the front panel of your D7 or D700 radio.

de Wb4APR, Bob