[aprssig] Kantronics KPC3+ Issue

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Wed Dec 7 08:34:32 EST 2005

Lately, no matter which APRS application I use with the KPC3+, the
Connect (Con) LED will come on and stay on sometimes once a day,
sometimes it happens every hour or so. Of course when this happens, the
TNC will not transmit the beacon packets although the application does
send that command to the TNC.  Just while the Con LED is on, the TNC
will not send the beacon.  The only way to reset it is to turn off the
TNC and turn it back on.  Any ideas as to what is causing this and how I
might be able to prevent this condition from happening in the future?
Another ham said to use XKISS with the AGWPE, which I tried but that did
not solve the problem.

Thanks,

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com