[aprssig] Re: APRS for a near-Arctic hot-air balloon flight -- TinyTralk and OpenTrak 300 baud mode

Ryan Butler rbutler at tsss.org
Tue Dec 6 21:03:13 EST 2005

Yes and No, Manchester encodede FSK is sent up to AO-16 on FM, and the
downlink is 1200 baud PSK SSB, so for the opentracker, we're only
interested in Manchester encoded FSK on FM, it's sounds just like
normal 1200 baud AFSK, it just is self syncing.  MIXW will decode the
1200 baud PSK, but the only Manchester FSK software I'm aware of is UPW

Relevant Links:

http://members.aol.com/dquagliana/upw/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_encoding

Ryan