[aprssig] 9600 APRS satellite on 145.825

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Dec 5 19:12:56 EST 2005

>Bob,
>What sat is on 145.825 using 9600 baud? It just
>went over Raleigh, NC and I was able to go through
>it using 1200 and 9600 but didn't catch the packet
>to see what bird it was.

PCSAT2 will digipeat both 1200 and 9600 baud
equally using the same paths.  What it hears,
it digipeats back down.   But you can also go
cross-baud if you use the path of VIA XBAUD.
Then a 1200 baud packet will come down at
9600 or the opposite.

This is a good time to experiment with 9600 baud
digipeating until they eventually get around to
enabling the digipeat bit on ECHO.  The D7 and
D700 mobile rigs are easy to switch the APRS to
9600 baud.

PCSAT-1 also has a 9600 baud downlink in addition
to the 1200 baud link and should also do the same
XBAUD translation from 1200 to 9600, but it wont
go the reverse, since the 9600 baud receivers
are OFF.  So it wont digipeat 9600 either (though
it could if we had those receivers on.)..

Hope that helps

de Wb4APR, Bob