[aprssig] Re: [amsat-bb] PCSAT2 Operations Guidance II

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Dec 4 12:37:05 EST 2005

PCSAT callsigns:

Notice that the currently active calls are
PCSAT-1 on NO-44 also called PCsat, and
PCSAT2 (no SSID) which is on ISS.

The callsign PCSAT-2 is also on board PCsat but
it is only used for 9600 baud packet downlink and
so is not involved in this current exercise.  I see
some stations trying to use the call PCSAT-2 and
it wont work at this time.  Also...

>Our goal is to have enough Amateur Satellites
>always listening on 145.825 ...

And with both PCSAT-1 and PCSAT2 operating
on the same channel that is giving most of us
12 passes a day to experiment with...

The goal is for a distant traveler in the wilderness
to be able to get a message out a few times a
day and for travelers to get their position out
about once a day via this system.  We think
that with 3 or 4 sateliltes in orbit and travelers beaconing
once every 10 minutes while on such  expeditions,
that at least one report per day will get back to
civilization..  This could support hundreds of
amateur radio wilderness travelers PER footprint...

de Wb4APR