[aprssig] Fwd: PC2 => PC1 Satellite Link

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Dec 3 09:24:56 EST 2005

Today at 1215z we switched the PCSAT2 (on ISS)
downlink to 145.825 so that it operates as a
simplex digipeater on the same frequency as
PCSAT-1.  Just minutes later we saw this packet:

2005 12/03 12:19:10 :
PCSAT2>BEACON,PCSAT-1*,WIDE,qAO,WA4AEJ-5:
T#541,024,027,219,018,016,11101111,0000,1

Which is a telemetry packet from PCSAT2 relayed
via PCSAT-1.  At that time PCSAT2 was over
Quebec and PCSAT-1 was over New Orleans for
a path length of 2260 mi.   We pulled this packet
out of the live downlink on http://pcsat.aprs.org

It also appeared on the live downlink page for
PCSAT2: http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/pcsat2.cgi?

As PC1 and PC2 go in and out of view of each
other, we welcome reports of any other successful
satellite-to-satellite packets.

PCSAT2 will remain on 145.825 downlink until 7
Dec when it will go back to UHF to avoid any
possible interference with the next ARISS school
contact on the 8th.

PC2 Page: http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/pec/pc2ops.html
PC1 Page:http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/pcsat.html

Bob Bruninga, WB4APR