[aprssig] sunroof antenna?

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 17:39:16 EST 2005

Drifting slightly OT and FYI.  Using a commercial RF Survey meter (HOLADAY HI-3001 Electric field probe) My 1992 camry with NO sun roof had MORE RF in the passenger compartment than my 1993 Camry WITH a sun roof.  This was with a mag mount ON THE ROOF.

  5/8 mag on the trunk was lower inside than 1/4 wave mag on the trunk.

  Don't remember the relation of trunk vs. roof mounting.  I think... 1/4 trunk was the worst of all inside.

  Go fugure...

  73, Steve, K9DCI

  Message: 1