[aprssig] Tiny Tracker?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Aug 30 13:26:06 EDT 2005

We have a Tiny Tracker APT311 that has been
generateing over 450 packets per hour for the
last 24 hours (or more, I just noticed it last
night).

His main settings appear to be:
1) a 30 second rate
2) both a posit AND separate STATUS packet every time
3) a WIDE2-2 path.

I am emailing him to suggest what he can do to
reduce his load on the network, but I want to make
sure that in fact he can make these changes on
this particular hardware.

1) put his comment text in his posit.  Turn off STATUS
2) OR set a Status rate that is 10% of
    his posit rate.
3) Reduce his rate to 2 minutes routine.
4) Do smart beaconing or change rates
    while parked, or turn it off when not
   moving...
5) Change to WIDE1-1 if he needs the