[aprssig] Online telemetry

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Aug 29 17:56:53 EDT 2005

Whoops, that was supposed to be off-list.  =]

But I'll second Jim's statement that APRS telemetry doesn't really cut it.
I think OpenTRAC does a better job (at least you've got floating point
support and some SI units) but there's definitely room for improvement, and
it's not going to help the general public any time soon anyway.

If I do a new format, it'll probably use Base 64 encoding.  Any reasonably
complex telemetry format's either going to have to be not human readable, or
extremely verbose.  I'd rather make it more efficient and deal with the
complexity on the display side.

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker