[aprssig] Reaching an Igate should not be the utimate goal for everyone

Germino mgermino at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 27 00:33:32 EDT 2005

Reaching an Igate should not be the ultimate goal.
The Internet is a great addition to APRS, but it
shouldn't be the Holy Grail.  As we get more and more
bound to a network that may fail in an emergency, we
lose some of the reasons we play with APRS.

I can see everyone's reasons for changing or not
wanting to change.  One day there will be a "FIX" or a
new system.  At that time I hope we retain the radio
part of the system as a very important part.

I became a Ham because radios are fun.

Mike
AD6AA