[aprssig] Realtime VHF Propogation using APRS-IS

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:47:52 EDT 2005

On 8/25/05, Steve Dimse <steve at dimse.com> wrote:
> Just as an example, the page you mention
>
> http://www.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/ham/aprs/path.cgi?call=AJ3U-5
>
> is not really "Stations Received By AJ3U-5". Rather, it is those
> stations sending packets received by AJ3U-5 which got to this web
> site before those received via other IGates. There may be many others

Hmm..  Well, AJ3U-5 is my station, and what is listed on this guy's
web page definitely reflects with accuracy the stations that are heard
direct by AJ3U-5...

>Duplicate packets are filtered, which make
>ANY interpretation tricky, but in my opinion this site makes claims
>the data cannot support.

How are they filtered?  My understanding is this guy is connecting
directly to the APRS-IS feed and processing the raw data.  I wouldn't
think the raw feed would be filtered.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com