[aprssig] Findu queries

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Aug 25 16:16:29 EDT 2005

Vic KC2GUI wrote on August 25, 2005

> I am looking for a way I can build a small DESKTOP app
> with a series of Findu Queries that are "clickable" so a
> novice user can fire off a query and get results back. Is
> anything like this available?

Not really an "app" but you could create a web page that would query findu.com. A really "bare bones" sample would be as follows. Simply copy and paste it into a text editor and save it somewhere on your hard drive (e.g. on your desktop) as (e.g.) findu.htm.

<head>
<title>FINDU.COM</title>
</head>
<form action="http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi" method="get" target="_blank">
<input name="call"> <input type="submit" value="Findu">
</form>

A "fancier" version can be viewed at www.ui-view.org. Click on "APRS Links" at the top of the page and then and scroll to the bottom of the list of links. It can be used "live" from that location, or you could save it somewhere on your hard drive by right-clicking on a link to the file and choosing "save target as..." and saving it on your desktop or elsewhere. You can also go directly to the page with the following link: www.ui-view.org/findu.htm. Another way of saving it would be to go to the page in your browser and click on FILE - SAVE AS. In most browsers, this will save it with the filename findU_com.htm. The filename isn't important as long as it will open in your browser. The sample code above does exactly the same thing. The one on the UI-View32 site just looks a bit nicer.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH