[aprssig] APRS Destinations...

Ed L. Locklear, KF4CHG kf4chg at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 22 21:38:53 EDT 2005

VE7GDH wrote:

> Whether it is hardware of software - is there a definitive list somewhere
> that lists the various APRS destinations to make it easier to determine
> what
> transmitted a particular beacon? A few of the ones that I'm familiar with
> are APT311 for a TinyTrak 3 (unless it's using MIC-E), APU25N for
> UI-VIEW-32 ver 2.03, APU25I (if I got that right!) for version 1.99 etc.
>
> 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
> --

Keith,

Here you go bud:

APRS Protocol Reference
Protocol Version 1.0

APRS Software
Version Number
The AX.25 Destination Address field can contain the version number of
the APRS software that is running at the station. Knowledge of the
version number can be useful when debugging.
The following software version types are reserved (xx and xxx indicate a
version number):

APCxxx APRS/CE, Windows CE
APDxxx Linux aprsd server
APExxx PIC-Encoder
APIxxx Icom radios (future)
APICxx ICQ messaging
APKxxx Kenwood radios
APMxxx MacAPRS
APPxxx pocketAPRS
APRxxx APRSdos
APRS older versions of APRSdos
APRSM older versions of MacAPRS
APRSW older versions of WinAPRS
APSxxx APRS+SA
APWxxx WinAPRS
APXxxx X-APRS
APYxxx Yaesu radios (future)
APZxxx Experimental

This table will be added to by the APRS Working Group.
For example, a station using version 3.2.6 of MacAPRS could use the
destination callsign APM326.

The Experimental destination is designated for temporary use only while
a product is being developed, before a special APRS Software Version
address is assigned to it.

Ed, KF4CHG