[aprssig] WIDEn-n v TRACEn-n

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Sun Aug 21 20:31:15 EDT 2005

We switched the FUNCTION of TRACE to WIDE.... so WIDE actually works
just like trace, and we no longer support the word "trace" in our N-n
packet paths.... confusing?  yep.  We finally decided that trace gave us
network tracability that we needed and the cost was minimal (extra 7
bytes / hop), so rather than make all the users switch to TRACE, we
pulled the rug out from under them and swapped the function of WIDE at
the digipeater level.... at least in most areas.  The others will
probably convert over time, esp once the dust settles.

Wes