[aprssig] D700A Data Band & No 2m band

hasan schiers schiers at netins.net
Sun Aug 21 10:04:14 EDT 2005

I found out how to do it...albeit not as "cleanly" as I would like.

I was changing data band to B in the wrong menu (Menu 3...APRS). I needed,
of course, to change it to B in Menu 1-6-1!

Now I have what I want:

Band B has data band and 437.975 for monitoring PCSAT2, band A has access to
both VHF and UHF for voice.

Now...the part that doesn't work: PM

It seems if you store two different PM's, one for "normal aprs operations"
(144.390, aprs tnc mode), and another for what I show above, an unintended
consequence happens:

The TNC drops out of KISS mode. In other words, if you recall the first
settings from a PM, even though the tnc was in kiss mode when you stored it
in PM, it apparently doesn't store KISS mode...and I need that for agwpe.

So...while I have it setup and working beautifully for what I wanted, any
time I make a change to go back to normal mode, I have to shut down agwpe,
and restart it, so agwpe can put the d700 back into KISS. A bit clunky, but
at least things are working as I want now.

I can use the radio as the dual band machine it was designed to be. I can
chat on the local repeaters on either uhf or vhf, listen to NWS or other
stuff on side A, while leaving side B on PKT TNC to copy PCSAT2 and
automatically gate what I hear to the apsr-is (thanks to agwpe and
ui-view32).

Thanks all for the tips.

73,

...hasan, N0AN