[aprssig] Off Topic: Top Posting

Christensen, Eric H CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Fri Aug 19 10:39:59 EDT 2005

Again, I'd have to disagree.  The "professional" lists that I am associated with do not post below.  They usually post within or on top.  It is just easier for those of us that follow the posts.

________________________________

From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org on behalf of Doug Ferrell
Sent: Fri 19-Aug-05 10:35
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: RE: [aprssig] Off Topic: Top Posting

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Daron J. Wilson wrote:

> FWIW, I prefer to respond directly to the portion of text that my response
> matches while deleting the extraneous text that is not relative to the
> discussion.  As in this thread, I failed to take the time to even read to
> the bottom of all the repeater forwards for the 'original' concern, and used
> the > to indicate a previously posted text, and pushed the response there.

   Great Example Daron!  Quote a paragraph (or part of it), respond, then
quote more if you have to and your response below it. As you can see, this
message is alot easier to read since you can tell what I am replying
about.

  I guess I am a membmer of so many "professional" list (many linux
developers list) and top posters will learn "real quick"! [GRIN]

--

...DOUG, KD4MOJ
http://www.kd4moj.org