[aprssig] Tracker Enclosure ?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Wed Aug 17 10:51:17 EDT 2005

I'm looking to build some trackers - initially all using the TinyTrak3,
eventually upgrading some to use full TNC's.

These trackers will be used for events that cover 40 miles or so from one end
to the other and will often be in places where a digi is not available (thus
the future full TNC plan for some to be portable digi's). I am planning to use
mobile radio's and mag-mount external antenna for these trackers. The trackers
will be placed in event vehicles on the day of the event.

What I am looking for is example enclosures (and sources for these enclosures)
that you have used to build a portable tracker.

I'm also looking for input on which current 2-meter radios lend themselves
best to APRS use (i.e., have a 6-pin mini din or other features that would
make attaching a TNC easy).

Thanks for any help!
--
William McKeehan