[aprssig] Digipeating with a Kam

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Tue Aug 16 23:57:38 EDT 2005

Hi Vince.  I'd suggest setting up your "event digi" with the settings of a
new paradigm "fill-in digi" which _only_ operates WIDE1-1.  (Any TNC can be
made to _operate_ the WIDE1-1 alias, though it's best to use a TNC that does
"callsign substitution", like your newer Kam.)
With this plan, the event's trackers and moving stations would then be setup
to use the regular new paradigm path for mobiles of
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1  (which the mobiles can use as their routine daily path
also) and you'll have the best of both worlds. Your event stations can make
use of your event digi and also the regular network, but your event digi
won't be adding a lot of unhelpful extra congestion to the already busy high
level permanent digis.

Good understandable up-to-date settings suggestions (including for a
"fill-in" digi) are at http://nwaprs.org

Vince, if you haven't already, I hope you will consider subscribing to the
California APRS Users mailing list (and invite all your local APRS friends).
News and discussion about APRS in California (and nearby portions of
adjacent states) will continue there.  The NEW and future:
Subscribe: ca_aprs-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Post message: ca_aprs at yahoogroups.com

73, Cap KE6AFE