[aprssig] How to digi 6x in the New APRS world?

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Tue Aug 16 12:41:59 EDT 2005

Is it just me or is anybody else offended/annoyed by this message?????

  1) 'temporarily resubscribed'  - we're good enough to give answers
when he needs it, but not to give anything in return

  2) He wants six hops, but he knows its not kosher, but its all
right just for this weekend for his purposes ... and I am sure he
won't do it again until the next contest!

  3) He knows its not kosher, so its OK to email him backchannel and
tell him how to use his magic decoder ring to compromise the system,
"just this one weekend" so noone else will know, just him and his
'deep throat' source! If he is the only one using the trick then it
gives him an unfair advantage over the other rovers, if he spills the
beans to the other rovers, then the NE APRS network has a complete
mess on its hands for 48 hours.

As one of the digi operators in the area that will be effected, were
a vote taken, I would say 'no way' ... just my $.02, FWIW.

     cheers ... 73 de brian riley, n1bq , underhill center, vermont
     brianbr at wulfden.org